The department’s aims must produce graduates and new generations of historians. A junior historian should have such qualifications.
- To be able to judge the success of the organizational changes
- To give benefits from the experiences
- To reveal the opportunities for political success and failure
To reach these aims, the History Department provides courses leading to Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts. Bachelor of Arts in History students have to attend a four years full time course. The students who are qualified in the second year can attend the honor class for B.A Honours Degree. Undergraduates have to learn following related subjects; Myanmar, English, Geography and Philosophy.
In the final year, the students have to make term paper presentation. Master Degree candidates are required to attend a one year full time course. In postgraduate the students have to prepare thesis and to attend historical seminar. A one –year thesis research is also required.
Our department aims to produce graduates of new
generations of historians who have the critical thinking skills to evaluate the past so as to assess changes that can affect our society, communities and organisations. Annually, we have 300 undergraduate, Honours and Master degree students who participate in lectures, tutorials and field trips. We offer a wide range of Master courses including: Myanmar Art and Architecture, Environmental History, and Economic History. Students are required to conduct research and present their findings in historical seminars.
E-mail: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2012-2017 PhD from Yangon University
- 1985-1993 Bachelor of Art and Master of Art from Yangon University
- From December 2019 to date, Professor; Myeik University; Myeik Township
- December 2018 to 2019, Professor; Kyaing Tong University, Kyaing Tong City
- From December 2017 to 2018, Associate Professor; Lashio University, Lashio City
- From May 2016 to 2017, Lecturer; West Yangon University, Yangon
- From December 2012-2016, Lecturer; Bago University, Bago
- From December 2011-2012, Lecturer; Hinthada University, Hinthada
- From June 2003-2011, Lecturer; West Yangon University, Yangon
- From October 2001-2003, Lecturer; Taungoo University, Taungoo
- From November 2000-2001, Assistant Lecturer; Taungoo University, Taungoo
- From January 1998-2000, Assistant Lecturer; Dagon University, Yangon
- From January 1996-1998, Assistant Lecturer; Dawei University, Dawei
- From February 1995-1995, Assistant Lecturer; Yangon University (Hlaing Campus), Yangon
- From November 1993-1995, Tutor, Yangon University (Hlaing Campus), Yangon
- From February 1990-1993, Tutor, Yangon University, Yangon
- From November 1986-1990, Tutor, Mawlamyaing University, Mawlamyaing
Writing Local Research Journal
Dr.D.Po Min and the white elephant
- Zoom Meeting (Board of Studies) 14.8.2020 from 9:30 to 4:00
- Zoom Meeting (LMS) 28.8.2020 10:00 AM (Yangon Distance Education)
- Zoom Meeting (Orientation Course for Learning Management System)12.2020 – 8.12.2020 (History Department)